Edison Innovation Network
Santa Rosa, CA and San Francisco Bay Area
Board of 3 members
Edison Innovations, Inc., a company focused on delivery of “innovation as a service,” with a collaborative development initiative for its RealGov.com project, an evolving online resource designed to help build new, citizen-controlled bridges and communications channels linking government with the governed, in any locality and nation-wide. RealGov.com is a public “wiki” for which any interested citizen can contribute, edit, or comment upon content. RealGov.com is directly inspired by Wikipedia, the popular online encyclopedia, and is based on the same supporting technologies and principles. Citizens, employees of government agencies, politicians, and others interested in increased government accessibility, responsiveness, and transparency are invited to visit the RealGov.com Web site (at http://www.realgov.com), and to contribute to its features, development, and support.
- A web-based video platform that empowers kids to teach other kids educational subjects via compelling video content.
- A vast selection of free videos for teachers to use in classrooms, covering all topics and standards being studied.
- Target the primary and secondary education market (K-12) in the U.S. We expect our product will also be useful to college
levels and potentially the military.
- A unique, elegant, and intuitive user experience designed for K-12 engagement and education.
- Parental safeguards to ensure that parents are made aware of site registration and posts.
- Community features, such as a ratings system so kids can select the most useful videos for a given subject or problem.
- Competitions and incentives for students to create, share, view, and rate videos.
- Tracking and monitoring on the site to show certain site activity and to track how kids are making progress towards learning
goals and mastering subject matter.
- Ability to cross-reference videos back to specific topics in major textbooks and curricula.
- Ability to connect educational institutions and students throughout the world.
- Integration with other platforms such as mobile phones and Facebook.